Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Friday, November 11, 2016

My Uncle Fred was a combat engineer. He landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day

When I was a small boy I said, “You built bridges, didn’t you?”  He paused.  Smiled and said, “Yea.”
What he really did was demolition.  Blowing up German bunkers.  And blowing up bridges.
He put his boots on in England and took them off three months later in France.  He was left with a lifelong fungus infection on the sole of one foot from wearing soggy boots for three months.
Uncle Fred was pulled away from his squad to recuperate in England. While he was gone most of his squad was killed when a bridge went up prematurely. It haunted him all his life. He felt he could have prevented it.
One time, I think it was Christmas Day, I said,  “Thanks for what you did.”,  to my Uncle Fred Pitcherella and to my Uncle Louie Pilotti. Uncle Louie was a Sergeant in Patton’s Army. He was in the Battle of the Bulge.
My Uncle Louie said, “What do you mean.”
I replied, “If you didn’t go to war, we might all be speaking German.”
 My Uncle Fred had to leave the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.