Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

VIOLENCE-guest post from Marie Hess




  Violence is not a Coatesville problem. It is an urban problem nationwide. It is a problem being magnified by the laws and regulations being placed on municipalities and the school system that can no longer provide services that they once were able to because of the state and federal government.
It is NOT the job of a city government OR a school to raise your kids, YOU have to do that. What they can do is provide alternatives, provide opportunities for families to have fun together. Provide an education for a child to grab his future and run with it!
Families are now facing the worst financial times most of us have seen. What comes of a poor economy? Unemployment and Crime! That fast money is desirable because people have kids to feed and bills to pay. When you get caught up in a life you do not understand or use beyond its necessity, that is when trouble comes looking for you. One cannot be so far gone to think a life on the street will get you anywhere but left on the street!
I cry for my city more than most of you will ever know!
I cry for the people who are lost and can't find their way.
I cry for the ignorance of people who cry out during a tragedy that "Nothing is available for the kids."
I cry when people come into this city and do what they do and leave another family missing a loved one.
This is NOT how this city should or could be. The TIME IS NOW. How much more bloodshed can we tolerate?? How much more will we accept? It isn't until it hits you close to home that people are up in arms calling for change only to fall silent a week or so later!
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TAKE COATESVILLE BACK AND SHOW THE REST OF THIS COUNTY WE CONTROL OUR STREETS? NOBODY ELSE WILL!!
Marie Hess
Coatesville, PA

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ms. Hess nicely stated. I moved to this city about a year ago from a small town just outside of Wilmington , DE. I lived in the same area for over 40 years. Growing up we had many people who looked after us, fed us and even corrected us if our parents weren't around. We respected our elders and even if we didn't agree we said "Thank You" or "I'm sorry" put our heads down and walked away. Of course our parents ALWAYS found out what we did either good or bad. I miss our old neighborhood most people have passed away or have moved to bigger cities. Young people or should I say most people here have a lack of respect. I believe to get respect you must earn respect. Walk the walk and talk the talk. I don't care about the color of your skin, your age or how much money you earn. What I care about is that you respect me and the things that belong to me. Children learn from everyone and honestly the problem we deal with in America is a lack of respect for each other. How do we bring respect back??? It angers me when people blame everything on young people. I suppose my question is where do these young people learn their behavior? Let's start setting better examples of ourselves. Live by a moral standard that is set by the law. If you aren't happy with the law change it. Isn't that what America is all about??? I am interested in being more involved in the community and just have to find the right arena where I will fit. I do believe that education, respect for all kind and setting an example is a good way for me to start. Hopefully more people will join. As Gandhi once said "Be the change you want to see in the world".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! If you would like to get involved I can definitely help with that. You can email me directly on coatesville.org under Parks and Rec Commission. The email will come to me.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.