Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Friday, January 13, 2012

It's an honor to know Joe Carroll

Known for his low profile, Carroll broke that pattern infrequently. The most dramatic example was in late 2008, when he lashed out at officials in Coatesville - Chester County's impoverished crime capital - for ignoring public safety."

From:

High praise in Chesco for retired prosecutor

Former D.A. honored for his decades of public service.



I've spent a lot of time with Joe; he is one of the most laid back, attentive, just plain nicest people I know.
A lot of people came to talk with Joe when he lived in the house on 8th. Avenue in Coatesville. Some people would stay late after most people went home because what they wanted to say was full of very heavy grief and fear. At one of those late nights tears came to  my eyes as I listened to a crime victim's story in Joe's dining room. I told him "I don't know how you do it, listening to so many grief stricken frightened people."


At the Coatesville City Council meeting mentioned by Ms. Brady Shea in the article above Joe was so angry  his hands shook. This is the only time I saw him angry:


.

I came a little bit early to the meeting. I knew that about 200 police officers and public officials were on their way from a staging area and would march two by two into Coatesville City Hall. I spoke briefly to Harry Walker outside city hall on my way in. Harry said it would be a good meeting, he had no idea.
SEE:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.