Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Councilman Brazzle speaking about his no vote for the YMCA day camp for Coatesville’s children




“And that’s the ONLY REASON I voted against it.” 


But could his vote have anything to do with the Coatesville Community Center?
Published: Monday, March 07, 2011
At the June 13, 2011 Coatesville City Council meeting Marie Hess is speaking about the Park and Recreation Committee, putting another person, Steven King on the Commission.
She also spoke about a “Bike Festival on June 25th in Jeans Park on Coates Street. It will start at 10 AM.
On July 9th there will also be a “Blueberry Festival” in the West End Starting also at 10 AM.
“I want to speak tonight also as Parks and Recreation Chairperson is; I’m not sure what just happened here this evening but, I think that we really need to rethink about what we just did with the Y.
We don’t really have a program here in the City tonight for the kids for summer, just let out for the kids today and we just voted no to start a program for the kids on Monday.
We were going to keep the prices the same as we had last year for the City so it’s affordable for our residents. People are looking forward to the program from the Y.
I mean, we just basically took the only program that we have out of the hands of our residents. I’m not sure why. I’m not sure why our residents…We just had people here for the Parks presentation and they left so they’re not here to speak on it.
I’m not sure what exactly is going on but we needed that program here in the City. So let’s find out why we voted the way we did. And just find out who is going to be held accountable when our kids are being hurt this summer in the City.
People are calling out for programs for kids and we’re telling them we’re not going to have them.”
Councilman Brazzle, “Marie do you want to know the reason why I said no?
The reason why I said no is I complain about every single meeting. Taking something on “Items for Discussion” and just randomly moving it to a “Regular Action Item”.
Now if the item was on “Regular Action Items” I would have voted yes for it. But because there was, you’re doing exactly what I hate to do. That’s the reason why I voted no.  And that’s the only reason why I voted no.  Other than that I would have voted yes.”
Marie Hess, “So how can we get moving?  How can we get our process changed so we can get stuff a little streamlined, a little better, move the information quicker on our agenda?”
Councilperson Brazzle, “People doing their jobs better again.”
Marie Hess, “I mean schools out today, summer started for our kids…”
Councilperson Jorgenson’, There are some things that I can understand why you want to have a discussion about them. It is more than fair that the thing with the YMCA it has already come up through emails to talk about it. “
Councilman Brazzle, “I didn’t get any emails on that issue.”
Councilperson Jorgenson, “I believe that you responded to the email so I think that you did know about it.”
Mr. Brazzle, “I responded to 1, which I didn’t get the other one.”
Ms. Jorgensen, “In that instance it was going to be put on the agenda the YMCA was going forward so…
Mr. Brazzle, “So why wasn’t it put on the agenda? Why was it not on the “Regular Action Items”?
Ms. Jorgenson, “I cannot speak to that…”
Mr. Brazzle, “OK so they can do it right now so why don’t you speak on that? You’re so quick to comment me and say different stuff.”
Ms. Jorgenson, “Excuse me.”
Mr. Brazzle, “Why don’t you speak to on that?”
Ms. Jorgenson, “If you want to listen”
Mr. Brazzle, “If you want to live somewhere…”
Ms. Jorgenson, “Do you want to listen to me?”
Mr. Brazzle, “No, I don’t want to.”
GAVEL
Ms. Jorgenson, “I don’t want to listen to you either.”
City Council Vice President Joe Hamrick’, “Do we have a motion to close “Citizen’s Hearings”?
Council Comments we will start with Mr. Brazzle, “
Mr. Brazzle, “Allright, so like I said, I think that we want to make the motion move. Like I said it will happen. I you know don’t doubt that. I think that we should come together and call a special motion next week. Not just on the day of this and say, you know say, ‘let’s move it’.  I don’t like that. You all already know that. I will vote everything no.  And my answer will never change no matter what it is. It would still stay no.
Now next week, if you come to me and say Monday we want to call a meeting or a phone vote whatever I’ll take it and it will be instant.
I’m all for it, recreation for the kids and that’s my main goal. So… not to worry about that at all, it will be taken care of.
I think that Monday we should make the call, correct? Is everyone OK with that? Alright.”
Ms. Jorgenson, “I’m not so sure that Monday is a very good day for everybody.”
Mr. Brazzle, “A call. We can do a call right?”
Ms. Jorgenson, “No I don’t believe we can do it”
Mr. Brazzle, “We can’t do a call then?”
Ms. Jorgenson, “It has to be an…”
Mr. Brazzle, “Alright then next week we should have a meeting, any day and then we’ll have to…”
Ms. Jorgenson, “Why do we have to wait until next week? Do we have to wait till next week? Can we do it Friday night?”
Mr. Brazzle, “Alright that’s good. Let’s do it this week. There you go.”
City of Coatesville Solicitor John Carnes, “You have to do 24 hours advertisting…”
Mr. Brazzle, “Alright make it this week.”
Ms. Jorgenson, “And I’m going to be gone Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I’ll  be back on Thursday and I’ll be here on Friday.”
Mr. Brazzle, “Friday, we’ll have the meeting, alright? That’s one thing.
Second, The City probably has the worst streets I’ve ever drove on… They are terrible with a capital T. When you drive down the streets and you get a flat tire from just driving on them. That’s really bad.
We need to really go out there and drive up and down each street and fill every single pot hole that we can find. No matter what you talk to we have a obligation to the City and their residents in their vehicle that they not get messed up driving down our streets. So maybe that needs to be a mission for our staff to just really go round and drive down our streets and fill pot holes.
There is more of Councilperson Brazzle’s “Council Comments” coming in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.