Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Monday, September 23, 2024

Most stuff I see online now isn’t fun to watch. Jay Leno’s video of the Union Pacific “Big Boy” articulated steam engine was fun for me.

GG-1 locomotive 
When I commuted to Charles P. Mills Photography Inc. in Philly from Coatesville I could occasionally ride the “Spirit of St. Louis” driven by a GG-1 Electric.  It had 1950s passenger cars. You could recline the seat fully & not go near the seat in front or behind. 

In the 1950s I helped my dad with Sunday New York Times delivered on Saturday night by a Pennsylvania Railroad passenger train driven by a GG-1. 

I remember feeling the raw power of the GG-1 engine.



Pennsylvania RR 0-6-0
switcher engine 
Until sometime in 1957 when I was in 8th grade I watched a switcher steam engine move box cars in and out of Chertoks & Lipkins Furniture stores sidings & coal hopper cars in and out of Kerns Coal Yard at 5th Avenue & Fleetwood St. 



Union Pacific’s Big Boy Locomotive - World’s Largest and Most Powerful Train - Jay Leno








No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.