Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Richard Legree

I believe the real reason that led to Richard Legree Sr. leaving the Republican Party for the Democratic Party was that the Republican Party would not permit him to run for District Justice. They had someone else in mind. If not for that he might have died a Republican.

Richard had several jobs. He was a State Constable in Coatesville’s 3rd Ward. He was employed by the Laborers’-Employers Cooperation and Education Trust as an administrator. The Labor Union job took Richard all over the USA.

I didn’t like everything he did but like many others I enjoyed being around him. I think Richard Legree was a congenial person, that he had excellent salesmanship abilities. I believe that Richard had extremely good managerial abilities. They may not ever have been a more “connected” person than Richard Legree. I don’t believe that everything he did was legal. He had an alleged “retail” business and I believe that one key to solving some of our unsolved murders died with Richard Legree.

During the time that former Chief Matthews was Chief of Police in Coatesville I frequently saw Richard in conversation with City Manager Harry Walker. I believe that Richard Legree exerted what leverage he could over the Coatesville Police Department while Matthews was Chief.

You might ask why I am writing about a dead man. It is not so much because of Richard Legree’s official jobs but because of his alleged extra curricular activities. I believe that people have stepped up to fill in for some of Legree’s alleged extra curricular activities. I think there is a very strong possibility that they will “get caught”. I do not think they have the abilities of Richard Legree. I think he was an extraordinary man.

See, Constable Legree Sr. dies
A controversial figure in Coatesville political circles, he served as city councilman and Valley police officer

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:37 AM EST
Daily Local News
http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2008/12/22/news/srv0000004329654.prt

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.