“Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to incite random actors to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable. In short, remote-control murder by lone wolf.”
TEA PARTY AND THE RIGHT
If you keep issuing calls to take up arms, someone is eventually going to take the message and run with it.
By Valerie Tarico / AlterNet
November 30, 2015
"I worked at a #PlannedParenthood clinic in Kansas for 3 years. My coworkers & I were subjected to the following acts of terrorism:
• Gasoline was poured under our back door & ignited 4 times. Twice while the clinic was occupied, causing patients to be evacuated.
• Butyric acid (used as a stink bomb) was poured under our doors & into ventilation system so many times I lost count. Clinic evacuated.
• 2 cherry bombs were left on our doorstep after hours, causing damage & clinic closure. Imagine what it's like going to work after that.
• We received hundreds of phone calls, threatening to torch our clinic & to kill the "murdering whores" who worked there.
• 3 times someone drove by at night & shot out our windows. Picketers stood on the sidewalk & harassed employees as we swept up broken glass. "
—By Kevin Drum
| Mon Nov. 30, 2015 11:32 AM EST