Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I’m watching PBS Frontline “Growing up Online”- “Geeks are normal now”

The show is very odd at least as I write this; in this point of the show seems to be entirely anti-computer game. I have no interest in computer games. To me table games are only a way to talk to people. So I have no idea what they mean by computer game addiction.

Now, while I’m writing this, the program is into education. The education I received was designed to allow me to function in work environment of repetitive assembly line jobs. I never had a job that was repetitive for more than 3 months.

I remember my father telling me to get good grades in school. He also said that you could not learn everything by reading books you need practical knowledge so you can do things. I spent most of my working life in a small 5 person dental lab. That lab was the first to create dental implants in the USA. Some German engineers would stop in to the lab now and then tagging along with the sales reps of the company they worked for. They said we were different than other Americans, “you guys read directions”. I guess reading helped me to “do things”. We were sort of different in the professional building the lab was in; our professional neighbors complained of “excessive laughter” coming from the lab.

Maybe Monks (bookworms) who could read were the “geeks” of the 1500s. When Heidelberg high speed press was made “bookworm geeks” became normal. What’s different about now is that you can be a reader and an author and a painter and a photographer and a filmmaker and a musician and distribute it instantly worldwide.

I had a car accident yesterday. My Nissan Maxima is in the shop being repaired. I could care less if it went over a cliff and crashed and burned at the bottom. Just don’t let anything happen to my BlackBerry.

Back to the show; it's on to predator drone pilots "going" to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.