Welcome to the Coatesville Dems Blog

Public Corruption in Chester County, PA

I believe an unlikely mix of alleged drug trafficking related politicos and alleged white nationalist related politicos united to elect the infamous “Bloc of Four” in the abysmal voter turnout election of 2005. During their four year term the drug business was good again and white nationalists used Coatesville as an example on white supremacist websites like “Stormfront”. Strong community organization and support from law enforcement, in particular Chester County District Attorney Joseph W. Carroll has begun to turn our community around. The Chester County drug trafficking that I believe centers on Coatesville continues and I believe we still have public officials in place that profit from the drug sales. But the people here are amazing and continue to work against the odds to make Coatesville a good place to live.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

“Honey we can stay”-Ben Bruton, Coatesville City resident

Coatesville, PA is an attractive small city nestled in a valley in Chester County. You can hear the whistle of the Amtrak trains echoing over the hills as they move along what was the Main Line of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Coatesville is centered in one of the most affluent counties in Pennsylvania. Ancestors of William Penn still “chase the hounds” in the surrounding countryside. Coatesville has the lowest cost housing in Chester County.

A few years ago Ben Bruton and his young family came to Coatesville expecting to find a community on the rise and a very good place to raise a family. Following the election of the “Bloc of Four” they experienced an explosion in the drug deals and shootings a short distance from their home. They had become very disillusioned with the “Bloc of Four” and the Walker Administration. They tried to sell their home but got no lookers.

At last night’s Coatesville City Council meeting Ben expressed a feeling that I am sure is shared by many Coatesville residents:

“We can stay”.

Ben Bruton:
“Thank you, last November was an exciting night for me it allowed me to stay up late at night to watch the election results come in and be very excited about the future of Coatesville. And Monday the 4th proved me right. I was able to go home and say to my wife, honey we can stay again. It gives me a lot of hope for what is yet to come.“

Listen here:
http://www.box.net/shared/jdkkd1e2lf

Coatesville City Councilman Marty Eggleston later responded to Ben:
Marty, “I said to Mr. Bruton, I hope your home never sells because I want you to stay here and enjoy the positive things that are about to come.”
You remember that Mr. Bruton?”

Ben , “O yea”.

Marty, “you gave me a pretty nasty look…
“I appreciate the fact that Mr. Bruton could come to the podium today and see the future as it should be seen. I have great confidence in this council. I think I’m a pretty decent judge of character and what I have seen so far in just a short time… “

Mr. Eggleston was interrupted by former City Council member Kurt Schenk (one of the “bloc of four”) shouting from the back of the room.
Marty, “That’s the kind of foolishness that we had to deal with for four years. And the fact that it was only four years is an indicator that voters can see through all of that foolishness as well. We just have kind of let bygones be bygones and this council, I believe, will move the city forward.”
Listen here:
http://www.box.net/shared/y6tkc13p76

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add your voice to this blog by posting a comment.